Table of contents
- System handling and Overview:
- Retention Options:
- Reasons for Returns:
- How to schedule a return
- Strategies – Workflow
Strategies can be changed, based on the different situations and the following are the whole procedure, guidelines, system handling, where the list lies for those drivers who are returning, who are more important to be retained, call flows in different situations, what prices can be offered and much more.
Moreover, if there is any query, please be advised that the manager is ready with every possible answer. Just visit and probe him real quick.
System handling and Overview:
- Please open the “CARS tab” (FR) tab on the BOS. Begin by going through each driver to see the date, and what the reason is that they are returning the vehicle.
- Open the driver’s account on the Database (DB).
- Call driver. Start all calls with: “Hello (__driver-name__), this is (__rep-name__) from Buggy. I’m sorry to hear that you decided to leave us. May I ask, what is the reason you are returning?
- If the reason is different than what we have on the FR tab on BOS. Please update the notes/reason on BOS accordingly.
- Offer them “Retention Options”, see below.
- If the driver wants to keep their return date, only after offering them all retention options, apologize if they had a bad experience, wish them the best, and let them know that they are always welcome to rent with us again.
Most Urgent Calls:
- My car is too expensive.
- My car has mechanical issues.
- Renting elsewhere.
Less Urgent Calls:
- I got a better job.
- I’m finished with Uber.
- I bought my own car.
1. Switch to Cheaper Car:
- Give driver options about the cars we have available
- Assign and tag a car assignment Rep so we can schedule their switch ASAP.
2. Lower Rent:
- Check driver's account history. Make sure they always pay on time and do not owe money. If he owes a balance more than his rent, please contact Manager for clarification.
- If the driver is with us for at least 2 months and has a good account:
Try to take only $10/$15 dollars off first. If that doesn’t work, go down to $20 off. If the driver is persistent and only wants a big discount, then go to the bottom price. (Refer to pricing Monday.com).
Always concern with the Retention Manager or Adnan, to get it approved.
Tell the driver: “Please hold on for a moment, let me ask my manager if there’s anything else I can do for you…” and then let them know if the manager approved that price for them.
3. Split Car:
- A driver can share the vehicle with someone else, (friend, family member, etc.).
- Both must have a TLC license.
- Must be approved by Buggy’s insurance
- The cost will be the base price and any insurance surcharge plus an additional $150 and then split in half between the 2 drivers.
- Assign and tag a car assignment Rep to let them know.
4. Weekend Rentals:
- If they cannot afford a weekly rental, try to push them for a weekend rental.
- Pick up at any time on Friday. Drop off on Monday before 10 AM.
- If interested, send them to the car assignment Dept”.
Reasons for Returns:
My Car is Too Expensive
Offer Retention Options.
• Offer retention options.
• Try to get the details. (Where are they renting from, car model, year, price) update the notes on BOS.
My Car Has Mechanical Issues:
- Ask driver questions: “I’m sorry to hear you are having difficulties. What is the problem? I’m sorry that happened. Please bring the car back to the office, and we will try and fix it for you. If we can’t fix it, we will give you a different car.
- Do you like this car? Is this problem the only reason you want to return?”
- “Please come in today if you can, and we will look at it. If we can’t fix the car, we will make a switch for you. For now, I will cancel your return, okay?”
- “What are the other reasons you want to return?” If it’s because they want a different model, or color car, etc. (add a note in BOS, send switch options, help them on the phone to choose the car available, and offer them to come in and switch.
- Tell them, that once they change the car, their return date will be canceled and they will need to keep the new car for at least another 2 weeks or more to, return the car they must schedule again 1 week in advance.
- Ask the driver what is their reason for returning the vehicle?
- If the reason they give you is not listed, add the reason on BOS.
- Try to offer retention options.
- If you are not sure about how to help them, tell the driver that someone will call him soon. Then tag Manager.
- “That’s very nice, on behalf of the Buggy team let me wish you a great trip! Would you like to rent with us again when you get back?”
- “Great, when will you be back?” update the BOS accordingly.
- Offer Weekend Rental Option.
- Tell them, we are sorry to see you go, but you are always welcome to rent with us again”.
I Got a Better Job:
- “Congratulations on your new job! Please remember that Buggy will always be here for you, and we would love to have you back.”
- Offer Retention Option - Weekend Rentals
I Bought My Own Car:
- Congratulations on your new car!
- Offer Retention Option - Weekend Rentals
- “Please know that Buggy will always be here for you, whether you are waiting on your TLC plates, or if your car is in the shop. We would love to have you back.”
I’m Finished with Uber:
- “I’m sorry to hear that and I hope that your overall experience was good. But did you know that you rent a Buggy vehicle to work for other companies too? You can use our cars for Lyft, Juno, Via, and almost any other company.”
- Have the driver check that the car he has meets the requirements for the company that he wants to work for (might need to switch, help him by switching on an urgent basis).
If Not Interested:
- Offer Weekend Rental Option.
- Wish them all the best and let them know that Buggy will always be here if they want to rent with us again.
How to schedule a return
If a driver wants us to schedule his return on the call/text then, how to schedule a return:
• GO to the account, and click on Schedule return.
• Set a date on when the driver is returning (1-week prior notice).
• Choose the appropriate reason and then Schedule.
Strategies – Workflow
As mentioned earlier, the strategies can be amended by the retention Manager, depending on the situation. We need to do as many follow-ups as we can throughout the day.
8 am – 9 am eastern time
Set a filter for those drivers who are scheduled to return today - Open their accounts one by one Call all those drivers and confirm if they are actually returning or keeping the vehicle or going to reschedule their return.
* If a driver returns the car unscheduled (without a gap of 7 days) he will be charged with an Early/unscheduled return fee equivalent to his weekly rental. *
* Car return time on his return date would be from 8 am to 9 am - In case of late coming he will be charged with Late return fee that will be up to $150 that he can discuss in the office while returning'' (Extra hour can be entertained but with Manager's approval or retention team's approval) *
For setting a filter, GO to cars > Future returns > Return Day filter > Set start date and end date (same for today)
If they are on the way to return the vehicle, please make sure the Gas is full and done with the car wash before the vehicle is returned.
Throughout the day
Set filters for those drivers who are scheduled to return as per the priorities below - Open their accounts one by one and call all those drivers and confirm if they are actually returning or keeping the vehicle or going to reschedule their return.
• Follow up with drivers returning the next day
• Follow up with drivers returning the current week
• All Drivers
This is a priority to retain every single driver that wants to return the car, for whatsoever the reason